db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Simplified DITA instructions
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 23:17:58 GMT
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 16:30:00 -0600, scott hutinger <s-hutinger@wiu.edu> wrote:
>      [xslt] home/srh/src/derby-d/docs/trunk/temp/rrefdmrs.dita:14:32:
> Fatal Error! XML document structures must start and end within the same
> entity.

Hi Scott,

Is that the only error in the output? Please check the preceding
section for other errors. I was seeing something similar on Windows
2000, but in the admin guide. The problem was that during the mappull
transform, the XSL parser would somehow fail to evaluate the title of
a topic/task as equal to the corresponding entry in the mapfile. This
would output an error that reads something like "Cannot find task
title in .dita file, using navtitle instead" but then the parser would
quit without finishing the transform, leaving an incomplete set of
files for the topicpull transform. That transform would then produce
an error like the one you posted.

The problem seems to be a problem with how Xalan handles whitespace on
Windows, as I was unable to reproduce the problem on Linux or Mac OS X
(or even Windows XP!). I was able to work around the problem by
removing all the whitespace (including spaces :(( ) from the title in
the task and the corresponding navtitle in the ditamap, but while that
allows it build the pdf, the readability goes to zero.

Are you working on Windows 2000? If so, try adding the Saxon jars to
your classpath and running the build again, I'm curious if it will
automatically use Saxon (instead of Xalan) if it is in the classpath.

andrew