db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From scott hutinger <s-hutin...@wiu.edu>
Subject Re: [doc] Derby-191 fixes some Linux doc build problems
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:48:34 GMT
Possibly 64bit has something to do with no failures.  Working at a
university, I get the cheapest of everything :-)
At least that is one item to examine beside character encoding.  Wow, 3
x86_64 (I thought I saw an echo!)
And yes, thanks for pointing out the src code download.  I am pretty
certain that will cause more problems than anything.  Possibly my
machine has some type of cache coherency problem (this is going a bit deep)?

x86info
x86info v1.12b.  Dave Jones 2001-2003
<snip>
Found 1 CPU
Family: 15 Model: 2 Stepping: 9 Type: 0 Brand: 10
CPU Model: Pentium 4 (Northwood) [D1] Original OEM
Processor name string: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz

Instruction TLB: 4K, 2MB or 4MB pages, fully associative, 128 entries.
Data TLB: 4KB or 4MB pages, fully associative, 64 entries.
L1 Data cache:
        Size: 8KB       Sectored, 4-way associative.
        line size=64 bytes.
No level 2 cache or no level 3 cache if valid 2nd level cache.
Instruction trace cache:
        Size: 12K uOps  8-way associative.
L2 unified cache:
        Size: 128KB     2-way associative.
        line size=64 bytes.
Number of logical processors supported within the physical package: 0

thanks,
scott