db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From scott hutinger <s-hutin...@wiu.edu>
Subject Re: Problems building DITA docs
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2005 17:32:20 GMT
Hi Fred,

I just did a clean checkout of the docs, did a build, and had the same
failure unless I moved xerces related jars with the buffer fix to it
into the ant directory (or CLASSPATH).  Although I don't see this as the
problem you are currently having.

Jean said a build under fedora core 3 worked.

My current Fedora core 3    uname -a
Linux scott.mprojects.wiu.edu 2.6.10-1.770_FC3 #1 Thu Feb 24 14:00:06
EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I'll have to try on a fedora core 3 machine at home and see how that goes.

The only thing that SHOULD cause this problem (besides some older jars)
would be character encoding.
use locale to check character encoding.  A locale set as nothing (in the
past) would cause jvm failure on startup.  So locale does matter :-)
Possibly a problem with character encoding exists (my last, somewhat
fair guess that I can think of).

locale
LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"