db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Too many jar files
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 22:52:37 GMT
OK, I thought that may be the case.  I didn't mention it because I
thought we were worried about memory footprint, not on-disk footprint,
but I guess in smaller devices both are important.

Do we have any clear requirements about the maximum footprint of Derby?
What are the other constraints we should be aware of so we don't cause
problems for the small device target of Derby?  How strict are these
constraints -- will features/fixes that have a big impact on the overall
footprint of Derby generally be vetoed?  I guess this is one of the
motivations for the highly modular architecture and the ability to load
only specific modules at runtime...

Thanks,

David