db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From myrna <my...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: Converting tests to JUnit
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 14:40:29 GMT
David Van Couvering wrote:

> I noticed on the todo list there is a need to have more than one
> background thread to enable better scalability with lots of client
> connections.  I'm trying to find a way to gently work my way into
> doing some work on Derby, and this seemed like a project of small
> enough scope to get my feet wet.  Is there any background on this, or
> should I just jump right in?  I didn't see any discussion of this on
> the list...
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

I'd say jump right in!
There's been some discussion about converting the functionTests to
JUnit, and Dan did some work:
 http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200503.mbox/%3c42262499.1030004@debrunners.com%3e

Then, there's the multi-threaded test in the current functionTests that
you might/might not be interested in, see the source in

<trunk>/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/multi/stress/*
and

<trunk>/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests/harness/MultiTest.java

Myrna