db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From scott hutinger <...@www.mprojects.Horrabin.wiu.edu>
Subject Re: [doc] Simplified DITA instructions
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 05:37:36 GMT
Jeff Levitt wrote:

>--- Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:10:50 -0800, Andrew McIntyre
>><mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>Whoops! Attached inline:
>>And that came across totally mangled. Once again, as
>>an attachment.
>I'm not sure we want to hard code it that way.  Its a
>quick fix, and it does work, but it doesn't solve the
>problem.  If we were to change the ordered list, we
>would have to know to look for this hard coded number
>and change it each time.  I did a search and there are
>around 70 instances like this throughout the 6 books.
>I think it would be better to fix this in the xsl
>file.  Right now, the processor looks for a title for
>each target.  Since list items dont have titles, it
>displays the id, which looks like gibberish (and it
>also caused errors for Scott).  What we need is to
>change the linking processing, so that when it links
>to a list item, it looks for the NUMBER of the list
>item and presents it in the link.  I am working to fix
>this now.  Scott, you are getting completed builds,
>right?  Even with the errors.  So in effect, you are
>getting what the rest of us get.  A completed PDF that
>works, but in those places, gibberish for a link (but
>a working link).
No I don't have exactly what you have, but that is due to the xsl file
that I haven't added that you sent. (Or both of them).  I haven't looked
into all the failures yet.  Also, I think you changed some font sizes in
your xsl, which some render much better than the output I have.  Also
trying to find what was creating the fatal error has me at the beta
toolkit and gump xerces.  Probably a good place to start now (for me).
So the standard release of xerces isn't going to work (at least for me).

After looking at the pdf that did build this afternoon (ref)  it looks
like all the links have the dita references in them.
After 'Where Dynamic'

A couple random finds:
J2EE Compliance: Java Transaction API and javax.sql Extensions

Derby API (rrefapi10613.dita#rrefapi10613)

So, I understand what you are saying about that specific
#rrefsqlj1083019...  The two errors were the only errors that surfaced,
except for fop errors that might be related to what you are talking about.

1346 errors like the following in the referemce(refderby.pdf) build and
1393 in the total build. So most come from refderby :
      [fop] [ERROR] Error in column-number property value '':
expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined
      [fop] [ERROR] Error in column-number property value '':
expr.PropertyException: No conversion defined

>To check, look in the PDF for the reference manual and
>search for this string:
>"Where Dynamic"
>That should bring you to the bulleted list.  The first
>link with the problem is in bullet four, and it is
>trying to link to bullet three.
>I think we should not make any changes to the DITA
>files.  Leave them the way they are, and let's fix the
>xsl to correctly display the links.

View raw message