db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From scott hutinger <s-hutin...@wiu.edu>
Subject Re: [doc] acrobat 7 (linux) and pdf output
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 19:22:25 GMT
Jeff Levitt wrote:

>--- scott hutinger <s-hutinger@wiu.edu> wrote:
>

>>BTW,  I noticed that using AdobeReader_enu-7.0.0-1
>>for linux (x86) makes
>>the pdf files look much nicer than I have seen.
>>It seems to use correct 'looking' fonts.  None of
>>this is truly
>>important now, but some noticed behavior.
>>

>Interesting.  I'll have to check that out
>too...Thanks!
>

>>I did notice that a majority of the table of
>>contents were 1 page off
>>(-1).  Not all of them were off.
>>

>Actually, its pretty consistent in what's off.  Main
>chapters and larger entries do the (-1) offset, while
>smaller topics that are nested farther down seem to go
>right where they are supposed to.  One of the things I
>want to try fix...If anyone knows anything about how
>linking works in PDF's, I would appreciate feedback.
>There is a way to put a target offset on links, but I
>don't think that that is a solution to the problem.

It might have something to do with top of pages.  I noticed that it goes
directly after the end of the previous entry, which as I remember
reading some of the fop deltas (source changes not released), that some
of this was being addressed.  I haven't followed the fop list except to
look into what was being worked on a couple months back.

>>Also, the
>>Description didn't have
>>anything, which might want to be on a future item to
>>look into.
>>

>Not sure what you mean by description?

Sorry, that wasn't very clear.  The internal PDF description of the
document, which has 'Title, author, subject, keywords, created,
modified, application'.  It knows FOP 0.20.5 created the doc, but that
is about it.