db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jack Klebanoff <klebanoff-de...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: About improvement of DERBY-134
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:33:35 GMT
java org.apache.derbyTesting.functionTests.harness.RunSuite suiteName
writes a test report in suiteName_report.txt. This describes the
environment, prints a counts of tests that passed and failed, and lists
all the differences from expected in the failed tests. You can also find
lists of passed and failed tests in suiteName_pass.txt and
suiteName_fail.txt. You can also find outputs, diffs, databases, and
derby.log files for the failed tests, but you have to dig deeper into
the directories.

When I ran the lang/wisconsin.sql test with your patch it failed. The query
get cursor c as
'select * from TENKTUP1, (values 1) as t(x)
where TENKTUP1.unique1 = t.x
order by TENKTUP1.unique1, t.x';
close c;
failed to compile, but the test expected it to run. It worked before
applying the patch, and I believe that it should work.

I boiled the problem down to a small SQL file, which I have attached.
That file should run without error under ij as long as database "testdb"
does not exist when you start ij.

I believe that the problem is with the updated bind method in
OrderByNode. It does not seem to be able to handle correlation names
from the FROM list. In the example that failed "t" is not the name of an
actual table, but a correlation name used to name the "(values 1)"
virtual table.

I tried changing OrderByColumn.bindOrderByColumn to call
expression.bindExcpression and then eliminating most of the code in
resolveColumnReference. However this does not work either. Then the
statement
values (1,0,1),(1,0,0),(0,0,1),(0,1,0) order by "SQLCol1"
(from the lang/orderby.sql test) fails.

I will work on this some more. Perhaps you can continue looking at it also.

Jack

TomohitoNakayama wrote:

> I have tried derbylang test suite , but could not found error which
> was reported .
>
> What I found was just difference around "lang/floattypes.sql".
> I 'm not sure this is error or not yet.
>
> Back to reported bug, the next is the test sql in my wisconsin.sql.
> ====================
> -- Values clause is a single-row result set, so should not cause
> optimizer
> -- to require sort.
>
> get cursor c as
> 'select * from TENKTUP1, (values 1) as t(x)
> where TENKTUP1.unique1 = t.x
> order by TENKTUP1.unique1, t.x';
> close c;
>
> values SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_GET_RUNTIMESTATISTICS();
>
> commit;
>
> -- Try with a join on unique column and order on non-unique column
> ===================
> I couldn't find difference between what in your mail.
>

> Next is svn-status of my wisconsin.sql.
> ===================
> $ svn status -v wisconsin.sql
> 157254 122528 djd wisconsin.sql
> ===================
>
> Is this caused by versioning problem of wisconsin.sql ...?
>
> /*
>
> Tomohito Nakayama
> tomoihto@rose.zero.ad.jp
> tomonaka@basil.ocn.ne.jp