db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From scott hutinger <s-hutin...@wiu.edu>
Subject Re: pdf documentation on the site
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2005 21:22:41 GMT
Hi Jeff,

I think another important item would be something along the lines of the
document build date; ie:
"Derby Document build: some ISO date type timestamp here".
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3339.txt

Derby Document build: 2005-03-21T16:00Z : 21 March 2005  or March 21 2005

I don't agree with much of anything dealing with time/dates/timezones,
but adding the month and day in text at least removes some of the
confusion, possibly more if doing multiple languages...  Some type of
timestamp would allow people to re-cycle documentation that tends to get
stale, with a date being self documenting.  I would guess the title page
might be a good location(?).

OR
whatever timestamp works :-)  Until things get more stable.

Possibly some other method would work better.

scott