db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: pdf documentation on the site
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:16:45 GMT
This isn't off-topic at all -- see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-79 .  Once the infrastructure
upgrade to apache systems is complete this weekend (I understand they
are still working on systems through tomorrow) I'll try to remember to
post a link to this email topic to that Jira entry.

There has been a lot of progress on docs in March.  Jeff announced the
result of the derby community's vote to accept DITA as the source
format:
http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200503.mbox/%3c20050302193138.488.qmail@web81609.mail.yahoo.com%3e)

. Andrew announced the result of the vote to put the source docs into a
new derby/docs module:
http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200503.mbox/%3c54ac72d7050311202169c261f9@mail.gmail.com%3e
.

More work is in the pipe, including work on a forrest dita plug-in to
make production of html and pdf easier. See the thread that starts on
http://mail-archives.eu.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-derby-dev/200503.mbox/%3c422A2458.3050307@www.mprojects.wiu.edu%3e

.

In the meantime, I agree we should start posting PDFs to the web site,
even though at the beginning they might fall short of the desires stated
in http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-79 . Good reasons include
doc updates from Jira issues are making it into the DITA source, so docs
built from DITA source will be more current than the html pages
currently out there.

And if anyone has expertise to help achieve DERBY-79 goals, please dive in!

  -jean