db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Any ideas for debugging a byte code generation problem
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2005 14:10:47 GMT

> Another thing I would try is paring down the query to make it as small
> as possible while still reproducing the problem.

Aye, there's the rub.  In general with these byte code generation
problems it is the size of the query that is the problem.  We are
dealing with strict JVM specification  limits on things like method
sizes.   So, we split methods into smaller methods and then we have too
many constants.  Robbing Peter to pay Paul only works for so long.