db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Kathey Marsden <kmarsdende...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Any ideas for debugging a byte code generation problem
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2005 19:57:45 GMT

Hi,

I know this question is a bit vague but  I just have a little
information right now and am looking for clues on where to start.

I am working on a linkage error with a generated class.  I have the
class but don't have a reproduction for the problem right now.    I
would typically decompile with jad which will usually decompile what it
can even if there is a problem,  but I  get this.

$ jad *class
Parsing acf04340b7x0102xb1d7x6a62xffffd5573ece33.class...This class has
a non-class tag 1
Super class has a non-class tag 1
ItemCollectionInvalidIndex: constants: requested 26636, limit 26635

The source of the trouble comes from a huge query with many UNION
ALL's.   The class is huge 2.4MB.  Anyone have any ideas about how to
get at the contents of a corrupted class like this?

Thanks

Kathey