db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: About improvement of DERBY-134
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:26:36 GMT
Satheesh Bandaram wrote:
> I am still new to Apache processes. According to the following DB
> project guidelines,  "All contributors should have a Contributor License
> Agreement <http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>on file." I know bug
> patches are exempt from this requirement.

and it's not just the DB project, from http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas

"The ASF desires that all contributors of ideas, code, or documentation
to the Apache projects complete, sign, and submit (via snailmail or fax)
a Individual Contributor License Agreement (CLA)"

So it's not "need" or "require", but "should" and "desire". Thus there
should be no problem in asking any contributor to sign a CLA. If they do
not, then, I guess we would have to look carefully at the contribution
to decide if it can be accepted without a CLA.

Dan.