db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Single JDK14 compile model? (patch attached)
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:59:02 GMT
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> Attached is a patch to build with JDK 1.4.2 only. This works as expected
> when running under JDK 1.4.2. However, when I attempt to use the jars
> created with this build with JDK 1.3.1, I get a NoSuchMethodError on a
> select (create table and insert works fine). What have I missed here?

This is basically what I was doing. Were you using jikes or javac? Jikes
1.14 has some issues, in that it creates abstract methods in an abstract
class from its declared interfaces. This was fixed by jukes 1.22 though
from their change history I couldn't see any explanation for the change
in the Jikes release files. I sent a query to the jikes list asking for
clarification around this issue.

Dan.