db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Single JDK14 compile model?
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2005 21:17:19 GMT
I am not sure if each platform module would be small... Unless we are
talking about a really small number of files, this could cause
maintenance issues. Even in closed development enviornments, products
take extreme care to avoid code duplication.. It might be a bigger
challenge in open source setup... Having three (ME, JDK1.3, JDK1.4) or
even four (with JDK1.5) versions of the code doesn't seem right.

It is a good goal to have developpers develop on one platform. Not sure
what it the right way to get there ...

Satheesh