db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From David Van Couvering <David.Vancouver...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Single JDK14 compile model?
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2005 05:42:00 GMT
I must concur; in the past Derby had a single focus (embedded use) and a
single set of developers building to that focus.  Now that it's in open
source, any number of folks will want/need to take it in different
directions, both smaller (CLDC) and larger (enterprise environments).
We'd either have to be vigilant about a single focus, risking smaller
takeup, or the development environment/model will need to adapt to that
reality...

David