db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Boynes <jboy...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Single JDK14 compile model?
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 04:20:26 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> So I looked at an alternate approach where all the code is compiled
> using a single JDK, requiring at least JDK 1.4 though I'm only tested
> with 1.4 so far. This requires making some classes abstract that must
> not be abstract in J2ME or JDK 1.3. EmbedResultSet is an example. This
> allows the class to then compile under JDK 1.4.

I did some playing around came up with a small IdeaJ project that
implements a couple of the API classes (CallableStatement and
ResultSet). This compiles under 1.4 (with target=1.3) and runs under 1.4
(with 3.0 features) and 1.3 (without).

Code can be downloaded from http://www.apache.org/~jboynes/vmtest.jar

Is this a solution to the VM compatibility issue or is there a case I am
missing?

--
Jeremy