db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Hawtin <tackl...@claranet.com>
Subject Re: JUnit
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 00:38:01 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> My concerns with JUnit are its platform coverage, and I just haven't
> looked into this. Will it run on JDK 1.3, J2ME/CDC/Foundation, OSGi
> ee.minimum, Z/OS etc.  Would that community be willing to support those
> platforms?

A problem with JUnit on many J2ME platforms is that it uses reflection.
J2MEUnit is a related framework, but requires extra work to name and
execute individual test methods.

A possible approach is to insert a DerbyTestCase class into the
hierarchy. For J2SE builds it would just extends
junit.framework.TestCase. For J2ME it would extend the J2MEUnit
equivalent. To run the tests on J2ME some reflection/APT type approach
would need to generate the simple code to enumerate test methods and the
switch statement to execute them.

Sometime ago I had a personal project among other things generated the
required code using BCEL, but I got bored...

Tom Hawtin