db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: DB2 mode vs. Cloudscape mode
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2005 00:39:11 GMT
Yes, Cloudscape used to allow creating UNIQUE indexes on null columns,
but in a non-standard way. Old cloudscape used to allow only one NULL
value in the UNIQUE index, where as, I think the standard required
multiple NULL values.

I think making Derby handle multiple NULLs in UNIQUE index needs changes
to store/indexing.

Satheesh