db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using spec API jars from Apache?
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 22:33:09 GMT

On Mar 3, 2005, at 2:03 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:

> Does anyone object if I add the JTA and Servlet API jars from
> Geronimo's specs modules to the tools\java directory? This will
> eliminate the need to download them from Sun.

I was planning on doing this a while ago with jakarta-oro and javacc as
well, and I had posed a question to our mentors about checking javacc
into the repository (it is BSD license). No one answered, so I never
acted on that impulse, but maybe I should have made my query more
explicitly directed towards them.

Jakarta-oro is fine, I'm sure, but do you happen to know if it's
acceptable to check in BSD licensed jars? If so, I'd like to check in
javacc as well.

andrew