db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew McIntyre <mcintyr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding framework scripts to bundle
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2005 06:06:35 GMT

On Mar 27, 2005, at 7:39 PM, Amit Handa wrote:

> 1. Adding derby sripts to derby bundles

There is already a JIRA entry for this:

> 2. Starting derby network server as a service

If you would like to see this functionality added, please add a JIRA
entry for it.  The easiest way to do this would be to provide a
registry key file for Derby Network Server and provide instructions on
how to install it as a Windows service using instsrv and srvany.
However, we obviously can't redistribute those two utilities, but it
would be nice to provide all the parts to the solution. So, a little
searching turned up this public domain srvany replacement:

http://iain.cx/src/nssm/

I haven't tried it, but I suggest trying it out to see how well it
works.

Cheers,
andrew