db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject Re: Problems building DITA docs
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:49:07 GMT

--- Fred Baube <fred@metadoc.fi> wrote:
> To clarify ...
>
> > /opt/trunk >> echo $CLASSPATH
> > /opt/DITA-OT1.0/lib/dost1.0.jar: [..]
>
> >      [xslt] Loading stylesheet
> /opt/trunk/DITA-OT1.0/xsl/preprocess/topicpull.xsl
> > The following error occurred while executing this
> line:/opt/trunk/DITA-OT1.0/pretargets.xml:120:
> javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> I have a symlink from
>
> 	/opt/trunk/DITA-OT1.0
> 	/opt/DITA-OT1.0
>
> so, the CLASSPATH does in fact include
> the "dost" jar of the new DITA-OT release.

I'm not sure I understand everything you are doing
with CLASSPATH etc, Fred.  I didn't do anything with
the Toolkit myself in regards to CLASSPATH.  Let me
tell you how I set my environment up, and maybe you
can mirror it and get better results:

Starting with a clean directory, I checked out the
dita files (which include FOP and the ant build file).
 I then download the DITA Toolkit to the TRUNK
directory. Use ONLY the Dita 1.0 toolkit, do not use
the beta toolkit.  The final path is:

trunk\DITA-OT1.0\

There is nothing else to do with the toolkit.

For CLASSPATH, if ant is already installed and set up
in the CLASSPATH, all you need to add are the 3 FOP
jar files in the trunk/lib/ directory.

That's IT.  There should be nothing else you need to
do.

Can you try that, or let me know if there's something
I'm missing that you have to do in your environment?
My problem is that I am less experience with Linux
than I am with Windows...