db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject Re: [doc] Simplified DITA instructions
Date Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:04:44 GMT

--- Andrew McIntyre <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:10:50 -0800, Andrew McIntyre
> <mcintyre.a@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Whoops! Attached inline:
>
> And that came across totally mangled. Once again, as
> an attachment.
>
> andrew

I'm not sure we want to hard code it that way.  Its a
quick fix, and it does work, but it doesn't solve the
problem.  If we were to change the ordered list, we
would have to know to look for this hard coded number
and change it each time.  I did a search and there are
around 70 instances like this throughout the 6 books.

I think it would be better to fix this in the xsl
file.  Right now, the processor looks for a title for
each target.  Since list items dont have titles, it
displays the id, which looks like gibberish (and it
also caused errors for Scott).  What we need is to
change the linking processing, so that when it links
to a list item, it looks for the NUMBER of the list
item and presents it in the link.  I am working to fix
this now.  Scott, you are getting completed builds,
right?  Even with the errors.  So in effect, you are
getting what the rest of us get.  A completed PDF that
works, but in those places, gibberish for a link (but
a working link).

To check, look in the PDF for the reference manual and
search for this string:

"Where Dynamic"

That should bring you to the bulleted list.  The first
link with the problem is in bullet four, and it is
trying to link to bullet three.

I think we should not make any changes to the DITA
files.  Leave them the way they are, and let's fix the
xsl to correctly display the links.