db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject Re: [doc] acrobat 7 (linux) and pdf output
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:44:01 GMT

--- scott hutinger <s-hutinger@wiu.edu> wrote:
> BTW,  I noticed that using AdobeReader_enu-7.0.0-1
> for linux (x86) makes
> the pdf files look much nicer than I have seen.
> It seems to use correct 'looking' fonts.  None of
> this is truly
> important now, but some noticed behavior.

Interesting.  I'll have to check that out
too...Thanks!

> I did notice that a majority of the table of
> contents were 1 page off
> (-1).  Not all of them were off.

Actually, its pretty consistent in what's off.  Main
chapters and larger entries do the (-1) offset, while
smaller topics that are nested farther down seem to go
right where they are supposed to.  One of the things I
want to try fix...If anyone knows anything about how
linking works in PDF's, I would appreciate feedback.
There is a way to put a target offset on links, but I
don't think that that is a solution to the problem.

>Also, the
> Description didn't have
> anything, which might want to be on a future item to
> look into.

Not sure what you mean by description?

> AdobeReader
> Original Font->Replacement font
> Courier->CourierStd
> Courier-Bold->CourierStd-Bold
> Courier-BoldOblique->CourierStd-BoldOblique
> Courier-Oblique->CourierStd-Oblique
> Helvetica->Adobe Sans MM
> Helvetica-Bold->Adobe Sans MM
> Helvetica-BoldOblique->Adobe Sans MM
> Helvetica-Oblique->Adobe Sans MM
> All replacements went from Type 1 to Type 1
>
> Document Restrictions: Commenting is Not Allowed.  I
> know nothing about
> this, but thought if fop supported this possibly it
> should be turned on.

I'll look into that as well, didn't know anything
about it...  Thanks for all the recommendations Scott!