db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject [doc] Simplified DITA instructions
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2005 01:03:41 GMT
OK, so Andrew created a new build.xml file for ant
that we can use for building docs from the DITA
source.  His ant file is more specific to our tasks,
and is much simpler to use.  He checked it in to svn
with the DITA files, and he also added the fop jar
files.  So now all you need to do to build is grab the
DITA trunk directory using svn, and then install the
DITA toolkit within the trunk!  If you set your
classpath correctly to include Ant and Fop, everything
should work!  There is no need for saxon, since Ant
includes Xalan.

So to make things easy, I went ahead and modified the
site to remove the section on DITA from the Manuals
page.  I then created a new file called dita.xml that
provides instructions for creating output in PDF and
HTML from the DITA.  I am including them with this
note, the changes affect site.xml, manuals/index.xml,
and adds manual/dita.xml.

Jean, if no one has any objections, if you put these
files up it should make things VERY simple.

Thanks!
Jeff