db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Bernt M. Johnsen" <be...@sun.com>
Subject DB2 mode vs. Cloudscape mode
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2005 20:53:19 GMT
Hi all!

In the Derby source, I find several comments referring to "DB2 mode"
and "Cloudscape mode". I can't, however, find any code related to a
distinction between these two modes. Are these comments "leftovers"
from the pre-Derby period of the code, or have I missed something?

The reason I wonder is the error message

ij> create table tab (i integer primary key);
ERROR 42831: 'I' cannot be a column of a primary key or unique key because it can contain
null values.

and comments in the code like

> * Set all columns in that appear in a primary/unique key constraint in a create
> * table statement to NOT NULL in Cloudscape mode and raises an error in DB2 mode.

and

--
Bernt Marius Johnsen, HA Data Management, Sun Microsystems, Norway
NOTICE: This signature is neither personal, religious, literary,