db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "RPost" <rp0...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: Single JDK14 compile model?
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2005 02:06:07 GMT
Suresh Thalamati wrote:

> Not always true. Reverting back to an old jvm is easy in case of  a
> problem, but that is not always  true with the databases :-)
>   Once the database is upgraded , it is not easy to  revert back to an
> old verions that easily.

I'm not that concerned about anyone wanting to revert back to an old jvm.
The only time I have seen this is when evaluating a new jvm for possible
adoption. Once an evalution and testing of a new jvm is complete and put
into production I've never seen anyone try to go back.

 Anyone going backwards is going to face a lot more issues than just jvm and
database.