db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Samuel Andrew McIntyre <fuzzylo...@nonintuitive.com>
Subject Re: javadoc on the website
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2005 16:52:15 GMT

On Feb 2, 2005, at 5:24 AM, Kathey Marsden wrote:

> For the internal javadoc,
> having it available for the trunk would be sufficient I think.  Perhaps
> it could become part of the nightly Gump build once that is in place
> and
> just have a pointer on the website that points there.

Hopefully we'll have a good build on Gump tonight. <fingers crossed>

But, I don't think that the javadoc builds are published, only the
jars. At least I couldn't find javadoc for any of the projects built
there, but maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places.

On Feb 2, 2005, at 8:34 AM, Jean Anderson wrote:

> Or perhaps hang it off the dist directory? For example --
>
>   http://cvs.apache.org/dist/incubator/derby/10.0.2.1/api
>
> That would keep the javadoc with each release.

I think this is a good idea. The published api javadoc is part of the
10.0.2.1 release, but it would be nice if they were web-accessible, so
that you don't need to download and unpack the zip. I can also generate
the engine docs as of the 10.0.2.1 release and put them there, if we
think this is the right way to go.

So, still not sure how to keep up-to-date javadoc somewhere for the
trunk. I don't actually have any great ideas for that at this moment.

andrew