db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <bri...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is HSQLDB compatible with ASF license?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:42:17 GMT
(From general@incubator)

This would rock!

I've switched to Derby for embedded stuff, but the disk io is still to
slow for decent unit testing. An in-memory flag would be awesome.

HSQLDB is great for unit testing as it supports completely in-memory
database instances. They are extremely fast, and are implicitely
destroyed when the last connection is closed, so you can create the
database, create the schema, hold the connection, run tests against
in-memory db, then close the connection, destroying the database -- for
each test case and still have it be very fast.

-Brian