db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Some Qutesion of Derby
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:54:18 GMT
I'll attempt to provide a little orientation for the many questions in
Yu Jie's original post (included below). After reviewing the available
information, perhaps Yu Jie could post a shorter list that addresses
questions not covered by information on the web site. So far the Derby
web site is up-to-date. If anyone finds out-of-date info, please post so
someone can correct it.

For release info, see
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html .

For license info, see http://incubator.apache.org/derby/license.html .

For information about other projects integrated with Derby (that we know
about) see http://incubator.apache.org/derby/integrate/misc.html . And
if anyone knows about projects that should be added to this list, please
   post.

As for who can provide customized services, that's a really good
question. The first thought that comes to mind is maybe Gluecode
(www.gluecode.com).  If anyone does that, post a note and the info will
make it into a new category in
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/integrate/misc.html .

For description of the development process, see
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/derby_comm.html .

For Derby database capabilities (standards support, sql features,
architecture, etc.) see Dan Debrunner's presentation "Introducing Apache
Derby", which is available for download from
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/ApacheConUs04.html .

I hope this helps a little.

regards,

 -jean