db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: Case Sensitivity
Date Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:21:40 GMT
I don't think Derby has a property to create a database case
insensitive. Why exactly do you need the database to be case
insensitive? Derby has string functions to convert data to upper case or
lower case, so it is possible for the application to store data in one
case. (Either upper only or lower only by converting at the input time)
All the searches after the database is created can then happen in that case.

Satheesh