db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Satheesh Bandaram <sathe...@Sourcery.Org>
Subject Re: JIRA/derby usage question - how to mark "not a bug"?
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 23:17:52 GMT
<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Yep, I would vote for "Invalid" status in this case.<br>
Satheesh<br>
Andrew McIntyre wrote:
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 14:51:47 -0800, Mike Matrigali
<a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:mikem_app@sbcglobal.net">&lt;mikem_app@sbcglobal.net&gt;</a>
wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I picked "will not fix", though was thinking about picking "invalid",
what is right here?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
IMO, "Invalid" seems more correct here. "Won't Fix" implies the bug is
a real problem with functionality, but that the behavior will not be
changed because there are architectural issues, or a workaround
exists, etc. "Invalid" implies that the bug itself is not a real
issue, and there is no need for a workaround or documentation.

To me, anyway. Other people may feel differently about those
particular words. :-)

andrew

  </pre>