db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: Faster Derby with relaxed durability - WAS Re: Is HSQLDB compatible with ASF license?
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2005 18:35:37 GMT
Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> That looks like it would do it.  Did you time the code?  I'm curious
> how much faster is database creation (create db, tablses, insert data)
> and how much faster is say some select and update queries.

I ran a quick check with a single Derby test suite and overall it was
around twice as fast, database was created and test cases run and
results checked in under six seconds per test.

> Anyway, did you submit the patch to Jira?

There is no patch, just a experimental way to see the effect.

Maybe someone else has time to create a real patch.

Dan.