db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject Re: specifications ?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 21:35:11 GMT
Alexander B. wrote:

>Hi All,
>what specifications should I be familiar with if I
>want to help with development of derby ? are they
>available over internet? any url?

SQL Standards - Not officially available on-line as you have to pay to
obtain the copy of the standard. Sometimes a draft versions of the
standard are available on-line, use google to find them.
There are many books on SQL

JDBC 3.0 (and 2.1 sometimes)
   Derby's JDBC implementation notes contain links to the JDBC standards

    All the Java related standards are available at

This might be another good page to create on the Derby site, locations
of standards related to Derby. Though it shouldn't be seen as limiting
in any way, any standard should be seen as a possible integration or
implementation point with Derby.

View raw message