db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel John Debrunner <...@debrunners.com>
Subject 10.0.2.1 Release Overview
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:30:57 GMT
Looking at the site last night I realised that we still don't have any
release notes or explanation of what functionality is in the 10.0.2.1
release. All that is there for the 10.0.2.1 release is a link that takes
you to a somewhat confusing list of downloads.

I was thinking that the 10.0.2.1 link could take you to a page that had
the following information on it, basically an overview of the
functionality, an explanation of the downloads (with links) and a table
of  test reports.

If Jean or someone else could "forrest' this, and add it to the site,
that would be great.

Please feel free to add addition features I missed or correct it it any way.

Then I think a similar simpler page should exist for each snapshot jar,
that basically lists the new/changed
functionality.

Thanks,
Dan.

10.0.2.1 is the first release of the Apache Derby project.

Derby is a pure Java relational database engine using standard SQL and
JDBC as its apis.

10.0.2.1 functionality includes

Embedded engine with JDBC driver
Network Server
Command line tools ij (SQL scripting), dblook (schema dump) and sysinfo
(system info)

Schemas, tables, tempoaray tables, views, triggers, indexes, savepoints,
Java procedures and functions.
Standard datatypes including BLOB and CLOB
Sub-queries and joins.
Primary key, foreign key, unique and check constraints.
Referential actions

Full ACID transaction support with all four isolation levels.
Row and table level locking
Configurable authentication including LDAP support
Import/Export
On-line backup and recovery support
Optional on-disk encryption
Platform independent database format
Full support for Java 2 Security Manager

JDK 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 support
JDBC 2.1 and JDBC 3.0 support

<insert explanation of the download packages available>

example

JVM      OS         Pass/Fail            Issues

Sun JDK 1.3.1       Windows XP     100% pass (356 pass, 0 fail)  - none