db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From scott hutinger <...@www.mprojects.Horrabin.wiu.edu>
Subject Re: [doc] Derby Developer's Guide available in DITA
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2005 06:35:53 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> Jeff Levitt wrote:
>
>> The Derby Developer's Guide is now
>> converted to DITA, and you can download the source
>> files along with the other books already converted to
>> DITA from the Derby Manuals page at:
>>
>> http://incubator.apache.org/derby/manuals/index.html
>>
>> The package for the Developer's Guide will show up
>> there as soon as Jean can complete a new
>> site build and commit.  Once again, thanks Jean!
>>

> The web site is updated.
>
> -jean

Currently I am working on some xml docs at work, it's really a pain.  I
see what Jeff has gone through to get the DITA docs up, as it can get
pretty bad at times.

Jeff, have you tried moving to a pdf output for the three new docs?  I
know just getting them at that point is a big jump, but was checking the
status of this.

Status of the build:  Probably the best(?)  build at this point would be
ant.  Forrest is moving in a forward direction with a lot of changes,
but I think it best to stay out of the loop for building.  Can we do
some offline (online if needed) configuration/fix of the pdf output?  I
think one small target at a time would be good at this point.  Could we
come up with the targets and what needs to be done at this point?

scott