db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Susan Cline <home4...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: [WEB] Derby web site layout
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 17:25:27 GMT
Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> I set up a skeletal test site here that doesn't have the bulk of the
> derby web site:
>
>    http://incubator.apache.org/derby/DerbyTest/
>
> It shows a couple options:
>
> (1) Splits the Community and Integration categories into two tabs
> (2) Adds two subtabs to the Papers tab. I don't have this working
> quite right yet; when you click on one of the subtabs, it loses the
> focus of the Papers tab.
>
> [snip]

I like option (1) a lot ... however I wouldn't want to have more than
the 5 tabs (maybe 6 at the most) across the top.  Otherwise I think it
gets too distracting.

I don't like option (2) - I think the 'End User' and 'Developer' links
look stunted and distracting.  Is it possible to have some way to
delineate the papers tab itself for 'End User' and 'Developer' - and
then have the topics for each under those?

Thanks for doing the mock-up ... I think it helps people to understand
what it will look like a lot better than trying to explain it :-)

Susan