db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <de...@mylevita.com>
Subject [vote] Re-vote for Derby docs in DITA
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:01:00 GMT
[ ] +1: Approve DITA adoption
[ ]  0: Abstain
[ ] -1: Keeping looking for other options

Sorry I forgot to include the voting options above in
my first call for a vote.  We need 3 positives for
adoption...

Thanks!
Jeff

Details on the vote for those who want an update:
We need to decide whether to use the DITA source files
for our documentation, or to continue to look for
other options.  Currently, we use html as our source.
This does not allow us to create PDF's, create single
html files for each document, or dynamically update
indexes.  DITA sourcing allows us to do that.  If you
navigate to the Manuals page of the Derby website,
you'll find a working sample PDF of the Getting
Started guide created from DITA source files.  We can
also recreate the html any way we want, or create
xhtml for use in an Eclipse-based infocenter.