db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "TomohitoNakayama" <tomon...@basil.ocn.ne.jp>
Subject About improvement of DERBY-134
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 07:35:37 GMT
Hello.
My name is Naka.
I'm very newbie in derby community.

I'm now seeing report for derby in ASF Jira.
And found a interesting issue.

That's
 "DERBY-124 Sorted string columns are sorted in a case sensitive way"

This issue seems to mean that we can't use complex item in order clause.
#That title was difficult to understand a bit ....

Solving this isn't useful?
Especially when we manipulate DBMS by hand.

What I think we need to do is as next:

1) Allow additiveExpression()  in sortKey() in "sqlgrammer.jj".
2) Make OrderByColumn class to support additiveExpression.

Best regards.

/*

         Tomohito Nakayama
         tomoihto@rose.zero.ad.jp