db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Derby architecture/design documents
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 00:12:59 GMT
Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:

>Jean wrote:
>

>>Posting the document to derby-dev is best. So far I'm the only one doing
>>a 'forrest site' to build the site, but I'm hoping that will change!  :-)
>>

>I have downloaded forest and will create the documents in forest xml.
>Hopefully, this will make it easier to integrate.

Excellent! Did you download forrest 0.6? That would be good. The derby
site is currently at 0.5.1, which I'm planning to upgrade to 0.6 as soon
as I can. I'm just mentioning that because you might notice that built
pages might look slightly different. But don't worry, I'll catch the
derby site up to 0.6 real soon now and the work you're doing will be
extra motivation.

>In terms of organising the documents, is it possible to have another tab
>called "Internals" where all the design documents can go? Existing documents
>under "Derby Engine" could also be moved to this tab.

That would work. Another option that will work with 0.6 is subtabs. For
example, that would allow a Papers tab with "Internals" and "Externals"
subtabs. We can play around with it and see what folks prefer.

>Another point is that some of the stuff under "Derby Engine" would get
>incorporated into the design documentation. I assume that as and when that
>happens, these can be removed.

I agree. It would be very confusing to leave the old stuff in place. If
somebody felt strongly about keeping them available, they could be moved
into an OLD spot.

>I hope to send my first attempt this weekend - how do I send the files?
>Is a zip file or tar archive okay?

Either zip or tar will work fine.

thanks!

 -jean