db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Derby architecture/design documents
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:33:39 GMT
Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:

>Hello,
>
>If it is okay to do this, I'd like to volunteer to extract information out
>of the Java source files and create design documents.
>... Is there
>any place where work-in-progress documents can be stored ?

If you'd like to store them on the derby web site, I'll be happy to make
them available. Or other commiters can commit them and I'll do the
'forrest site' to add them to the built site. (And a million thanks for
offering to do this!)

Also, I've been meaning to start a miscellaneous index page under the
Derby Engine section on the papers tab
(http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/index.html) that just lists
pointers to email topics.  That might even help feed your work. --For
example, Jeff Lichtman posted info about the sql parser a while back
that I've been meaning to dig out, and there are no doubt other golden
nuggets getting buried.

 -jean