db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Hibernate problems with snapshot
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 18:37:20 GMT
Daniel John Debrunner wrote:

> acemccloudxx@comcast.net wrote:
> >I tried running with the snapshot and upgrade=true. Didn't work.
>
> No it wouldn't. Derby 10.1.0.x (the trunk) is marked alpha and alpha
> code does not support upgrades. The download for the trunk states this
> and that the trunk is not suitable for production. Maybe a similar
> annotation could be made to the snapshot jars for 10.1.0.x.

I can create a subsection for the development description, then link to
it from the downloads. Hopefully this will avoid others from
encountering the same trouble.

At the same time I'll redo the release and snapshot sections to be more
consistent with other apache styles I've seen (such as
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/binindex.cgi ,
http://ws.apache.org/mirrors.cgi , http://xml.apache.org/mirrors.cgi ,
http://cocoon.apache.org/mirror.cgi , and
http://geronimo.apache.org/download.html ), which are less
labor-intensive to maintain than the tables I initially put in place.

 -jean