db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Levitt <jlev...@mutagen.net>
Subject [doc] DITA files PDF output
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2005 23:56:34 GMT
Another issue I was hoping to discuss is the PDF
output of the DITA files.  Scott Hutinger and I spent
some time using saxon and fop to create pdf's from the
dita, and we found that some of the issues we are
having with it can be worked around (for example, a
solution Scott found for the lack of a generated
index), but also some that we need more knowledge of
XSL to fix.  For example, when one page links to
another page, the link doesnt show the title of the
new page, it instead displays an id for the page,
which is jibberish.  Is there anyone out there that
knows XSL enough to be able to modify the DITA XSL
files so that they display information correctly?
There are currently three books available on the Derby
Manuals page that are already in DITA, so if anyone
wants to work with them, they are already available.