db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Larry Cable <larry_ca...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: RESEND: possible resource leak in either Derby DRDA or IBM DB2 Universal JDBRe:
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2005 19:38:15 GMT
Hi Kathy,
   Attached is the output from my benchmark with the runtime info
interspersed in between ...

As you can see there are only 2 prepared statements extant (since I
modified the benchmark to explicitly close others) over the lifetime
of the benchmark ...

I am somewhat puzzled as to why there are 2 sessions, 1 for the
lifetime of the run, and one new one per iteration of the benchmark,
as I am not opening additional connections to the DB per iteration
at the application level.

I am hoping that this is a programming error on my behalf (although I
think that the behaviors should be the same in embedded and networked
case) but I am still seeing this linear growth trend in access time
per iterator ...

Thanks for you interest

- Larry Cable