db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "RPost" <rp0...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: Derby architecture/design documents
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2005 01:11:00 GMT
re logformats.xml

I'm know I'm dating myself but in I Love Lucy here's where Ricky would say:

"Lucy, you got some splainin' to do!"

The last line of this xml file is:

      Loggable op - the log operation

At some point could we get an explanation as to how all of the log related
*.java files are pieced together?

These files are difficult to piece together out of context because they are
a series of interfaces, abstract classes and implementation. I haven't been
able to sort it out.

For example:

public final class DeleteOperation extends LogicalPageOperation

    public abstract class LogicalPageOperation extends PageBasicOperation
implements LogicalUndoable

        public abstract class PageBasicOperation implements Loggable,
RePreparable

            public interface Loggable extends Formatable {

1. How do all of these pieces fit together?

2. What, exactly, gets written to the log record for a delete operation?
That is, what is 'Loggable op' for this case?

3. What are the set of implemented classes that write to the log? The
DeleteOperation class appears to be one, what are the others?