db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "RPost" <rp0...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: Derby architecture/design documents
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:05:54 GMT
> Dibyendu
>
> Is there any way I can setup a debug version of Derby that I can step
> through? I tried doing this with the default jar file, but the debugger
> complains
> that there is no line number information. I tried to find out how to
> build Derby with debug enabled, but cannot find the relevant information.

I got it working in JBuilder6 by adding all of the jars in the jars\insane
directory to the project properties. JBuilder then lets me add the path to
the source as derby\engine. Then I can step into all of the Derby source,
set breakpoints in it, etc.

Don't know how to do it in Eclipse. I'm trying to follow the discourse
between the two of you and keep winding up in the bowels myself. But unless
you think I can help I was planning on staying out of you guys way since you
are making pretty progress in spite of the difficulties.