db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "RPost" <rp0...@pacbell.net>
Subject Re: [doc] DITA files PDF output
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 00:20:08 GMT
< Jean T. Anderson wrote:

> I'm not trying to overly complicate it. I'm just wondering what the best
> way is to hear from the most users in the community.

I would think that most users would be interested in downloading the PDF
rather than build them.

And, at least for the short term, just pick font(s) and size(s) that produce
neat, readable output. After there has been some time for review fonts and
sizes are pretty easy to change with XSL.

One possible issue - is there a target deadline for producing a 'release'
version of the docs in PDF format? I'm thinking that if there is a target
for the first official code release it would make sense to have the PDF
version of the docs in the desired format at the same time if that is
doable.