db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From "Dibyendu Majumdar" <dibye...@mazumdar.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Derby architecture/design documents
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2005 23:16:55 GMT
Mike Matrigali wrote:

> As you are seeing it is hard to keep to one topic as they are all
> related.

I guess that jumping straight into BTree implementation is going to be
tough going as it is built upon so many other things. However, I did not
want
to stop the flow ...

Do you think that it is better to start with the lower level stuff and
gradually move up?

One of the problems of looking at comments in a large system like
Derby is that following references is difficult. I find that it helps to use
Eclipse because when the mouse is pointed at a method or a class name,
Eclipse shows the relevant Javadoc. I just ignore the compile errors and
use Eclipse as a class browser.

Is there any way I can setup a debug version of Derby that I can step
through? I tried doing this with the default jar file, but the debugger
complains
that there is no line number information. I tried to find out how to
build Derby with debug enabled, but cannot find the relevant information.

Regards

Dibyendu