db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From John Kline <John.Kl...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Running Rowsets tests against Derby database
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2004 22:00:10 GMT
Hi Mamta,

> Keep in mind though that Derby at this point does not
> support scrollable sensitive cursors. Derby has support for forward
> only resultsets and scroll insensitive resultsets, both in read only
> mode.

So Derby supports forward only and scroll insensitive resultsets and
you are working on only supporting CONCUR_UPDATABLE on forward only
result sets.  Correct?  I think we need to support both.  In most
cases, one will want CONCUR_UPDATABLE for scrollable resultsets.  Do
you know of anyone working on this?  Does anyone if any work is taking
place in this area?

- John

On Dec 20, 2004, at 1:41 PM, Mamta Satoor wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Yes, my patch on the list supports CONCUR_UPDATABLE
> for forward only result sets.
>
> I am not currently looking at working on scrollable updatable
> resultsets. Keep in mind though that Derby at this point does not
> support scrollable sensitive cursors. Derby has support for forward
> only resultsets and scroll insensitive resultsets, both in read only
> mode.
>
> Mamta.
>
> John Kline wrote:
>
>> Hi Mamta,
>>
>> As a first step, you are going to support CONCUR_UPDATABLE for forward
>> only result sets.  Is that correct?  But will you then continue your
>> work to support scrollable updatable result sets?  If not, does your
>> solution just not apply to scrollable result sets?  Please let me know
>> as I'm going to need to figure out how to implement updatable
>> scrollable result sets if this isn't already being addressed.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> John
>>
>> On Nov 29, 2004, at 11:55 AM, Mamta Satoor wrote:
>>
>>> Just couple more comments to Satheesh's reply. I have a pending patch
>>> on the
>>> list
>>> to support delete using updatable resultset apis. I am working on
>>> support for
>>> update
>>> using updatable resultset apis next.
>>>
>>> Please keep in mind though that this support would be for forward
>>> only
>>> updatable
>>>
>>> resultsets only. I noticed that you are trying to get scroll
>>> sensitive
>>> updatable