db-derby-dev mailing list archives

From Philipp Hug <phil...@hug.cx>
Subject Identifier Limitations - once again
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:50:13 GMT
I know this has been discussed before, but there hasn't been a consus if
those limitations should be extended...
At the moment, I patched Derby to allow longer identifier for
index/constraint names, because the CMP engine I'm using, uses
getMaxColumnNameLength() as limitation for index name.
Does anyone know of any metadata attribute that would specify the
maximum allowed length for an index/constraint name? If there is such an
attribute, I could live with that and would just fix the CMP engine?
Otherwise we should really think about extending it to a decent value
(e.g. 30 or 128).

btw: cloudscape 9 didn't have this limitation, it has been added in
cloudscape 10/derby

greets
philipp